Design & Creation
Bringing your ideas to reality. Your renovation is designed and perfected before creation with our 3D modeling.
Planning out your Renovation
Remodeling your Future Living Space
Designing your renovation can take up to 3 hours. We spend this time designing all the proper functionality and beauty of your future project. All from the comfort of your own home!
In home planning service includes:
Collection or verification the measurements of your room including:
- Room dimension (height, length, width)
- Dimension and position of windows and doors
- Position of external walls
- Width of all windows (including the sill) and their height above the floor
- Position of sloping ceilings
- Position of electric, water and gas connections and other fixtures e.g. Pipes, radiators
- Confirm that all room corners are square
- Confirm that all included walls are plumb
- Three-hour personal consultation with a qualified kitchen planner
- Detailed kitchen layout and 3D view drawing prepared on the software, IKEA Home Planner and then saved to your account under your unique user ID
- Itemized price quote for IKEA Kitchen products (cabinetry, appliances, non-custom counter tops)
A more detailed quote will be provided after a walk-through is completed.
- Assembly and installation of a new renovation quote
- Dismantling and removal of the old room area quote(if requested)
- Scope of complete renovation confirmation
- Time schedule of complete room installation confirmation
- Price for basic home installation services and more installation services confirmation
- Explanation of the buying and installation process
Please be advised:
Walls and ceilings must be finished. Plumbing, gas, and electrical connections must be present during the appointment. Your kitchen planner will not bring samples to your appointment, only good advice. You will be receiving a planning service, not a design service. Your kitchen planner is an expert in functionality/layout, not style/design. You must make your style decisions before your planning appointment.
Price: $250/Up to 3 hours
This fee will be refunded at Ikea on a gift card once a client purchases the cabinets from Ikea to use in-store.
Consultation for renovation will be 1-2 weeks after the initial visit
In-House Site Measure for your Renovation
To provide peace of mind, TFK Kitchens offers an in-house site measure/consult. Working together, we contribute what will fit best with your home.
An experienced technician will visit you in your home to assess the conditions. Additionally, they will provide accurate measurements. All the required dimensions will be entered into the IKEA Home Planner software. Within 24 hours, it’s saved to your account under your unique user profile.
The technician will collect or verify the measurements of your room including:
• Room dimension (height, length, width)
• Dimension and position of windows and doors
• Position of external walls
• Width of all windows (including the sill) and their height above the floor
• Position of sloping ceilings
• Position of electric, water and gas connections and other fixtures e.g. Pipes, radiators
• Confirm that all room corners are square
• Confirm that all included walls are plumb
Home Renovation Estimate
Getting the most out of our services is very important to us. We want you to feel confident going into your home renovation. That’s why you have our team of designers to answer any of your questions.
Sizing: Modifications to standard IKEA kitchen cabinets or customized cabinet constructions
Custom Features: Island and/or bar construction, stabilization and installation
Demolition: Demolition of walls, floors, ceilings, and soffits
Prep: Preparation of walls, ceilings, and floors for finishes and cabinets
Electrical: Rough and finished electrical work to include lighting and appliance hook up, etc
Plumbing: Rough and finished plumbing work to include HVAC, sinks and faucets, appliance hookups, etc.
Flooring: Supplying and/or installing finish flooring
Walls & Ceilings: Supplying and/or installing finish walls and ceiling Painting: Prepping and painting walls to finish colours of your choice
Backsplash: Installation of backsplash finish and/or backsplash systems
Debris disposal: Removal of construction and demolition debris
Removal: Removal, recycling and/or disposing of IKEA packaging, non-IKEA packaging
Distant travel: Beyond the designated regular installation of the service area of your IKEA store
Step Up: Installation on the 2nd floor or any higher floor
Non-IKEA products: Placing and installing appliances, sinks, and faucets, not from IKEA
Permits & Fees: Building permits and/or additional insurance certificates (applies to selected local municipalities only)
On-site evaluation for utility work: On-site evaluation for complicated electrical, plumbing or HVAC work
Dismantle/removal of the old home area: Disassembling existing cabinets, countertop, sink, and other. Also, unhooking faucet and appliances. Moving, recycling or disposing of existing appliances.
As the IKEA Service Provider for Edmonton and Halifax we’re crafted, skilled, and certified. You can expect that your remodeling project will be completed with the utmost care. Being an IKEA service provider, we’ve worked with the majority of their products. So, you can expect professional installation required by IKEA methods. There is no question that the correct installation will add years to your new living area. With our help, you’ll soon be living in the home of your dreams.
The installation warranty provided by the IKEA service provider is for IKEA products only. The warranty covers non-IKEA projects as well, only for 1 year. Where there’s damaged products or poor workmanship, we provide replacement/repair services. For more information, ask one of our members about the warranty.
We are always excited for new projects! Let's get started today.
Contact us to receive a free quote. We guarantee that your project will be looked after with the care that you deserve.